Monday 30 December 2013

This year I...

want you to take a couple minutes to think about this exact time, one year ago. Begin by thinking about where you were and who you were with. Then think about who you thought you were at that time - how you looked, what you wore, and how you presented yourself to others. Think about all of your affairs, think about the feelings you experienced, the friends you had, and any relationship you may have been in. Maybe think about the way that you looked at the world - or even the way in which the world looked at you! Who were you, what were you doing, and where were you going??

Now, take a look at this past year and think about how much has changed! Did it all happen the way you thought it would? Could you have ever imagined? It's amazing how much can happen in just one year. 

Now imagine if you had spent every moment of this last year working towards a definite goal - without wasting time on trivial matters such as excessive shopping, eating, sleeping, TV, gaming, gossip, etc. - you could have, WITHOUT A DOUBT, accomplished absolutely anything you wanted. You had the time. 

But there is good news - you still have that time! You can become anyone you want to become and accomplish anything you want to accomplish. All you need to do is to set your goals and then step towards them! Your future lies within your hands. 

Now today is the first day of 2014. How are you going to spend it? Are you going to lay in bed and think about this message, or are you going to jump, get out of bed, and get going. Start working. Start building for yourself the future you want. You have so much potential - don't waste a single second. 

Want to go a step further? 

I think a child understands how his life changes over the course of a year. A life-learned adult understands how his life changes over the course of a day. But few are those who understands that their lives change with every passing second. These men step closer to their goal with each decision they make - these men are the leaders of the world.  

I get SO many people who write to me telling me how lucky or fortunate I am to be traveling the world at my age. How lucky or fortunate I am to be experiencing what I am experiencing or doing what I am doing. But this is not true at all. Luck and fortune have nothing to do with it. I am traveling the world simply because I want to travel the world - because with every decision I've made over the past year I've made with my definite goal in mind. I am becoming who I want to become and accomplishing what I want to accomplish simply because I move towards my goals with every decision I make. 

So set your goals. Don't let your peers, parents, or social norms stop you. Do what YOU want to do and I promise you - the world is yours. 

1 comment:

My pictures from around the world


Powered by Cincopa